Sunday, September 15, 2013

Who am I?

Warm, soft, loving, and occasionally anti-social.  I promise you, I'm not really a cat in disguise. (Even though I absolutely love cats with all my heart) But really, what makes me unique?  I stand out--I definitely know I do.  Sometimes not in the way I always want, but we all have a little bit of that in us, don't we?

In life, we have all had trials.  It's a big part that defines us.   I'd never go back and change a thing, no matter how hard that sounds.  But more than the trials define us.  How have I become me?  I may as well start from the beginning!  

It's late February, matter of fact, it's the 28th--the end of the month.  Here's my big day,  I'm going to enter the worl--wait, what?  Where is she?  Mom's not dilating! When will she come? March 1st rolls along.  Mom's starting to dilate.  The doctor won't help mom, she looks too young to be having a child.  She was 20, which seems reasonable to me.  Mom start's going through labor; the water doesn't break.  Next week rolls around, still dilated--and still no broken water.  Another week rolls by.  Two weeks of labor!  Finally, on March 13 a nurse breaks mom's water.  I enter the world, barely.
 The umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I'm lucky I made it.  A C-Section should have been done.  The method of entering the world left me with cuts on my cheekbones, but don't worry, I recovered.  Winter Jade Jones had now, finally, entered the world.  I was born in Provo, Utah.   I was living in Orem, Utah for the first few months of my life at one of my grandparents.  After a few months I moved to my maternal grandparents home, on the other side of Orem.  A while passed, and I moved back to my paternal grandparents.  I lived there until around the age of 4, and once again, I moved back to the maternal grandparents.  I started kindergarten at the age of 5 at Orchard Elementary.  That lasted about three months.  My great grandfather, who lived in Provo, passed away.  My parents moved into his home to clean it up and prepare it to be sold.  I spent the winter that year at Canyon Crest Elementary.  I had a little brother, at this time, Ryan.  He's two and a half years younger than me.  The house was soon ready, and in the meantime, a home was being built in Santaquin, Utah, about ready for my family to move in.  All of the houses on the block were brand new, as well.  Most of them were still being built, my home was the third to be finished on the street.  While moving in, a family was checking out the progress of their home.  They had a daughter just a year younger than me.   Her and I got along right from the start. She also had a seasonal name--Summer.  She became my best friend through my childhood.  After moving in, I finished the remaining part of my kindergarten year at Santaquin Elementary.  I also attended first grade there.  In the meantime, a new elementary school was built, so by the time second grade rolled around, I was in a different school again.  I remained in this school, Spring Lake Elementary.  I'm Seven years old now.  One of the most exciting things happened ever.  I got another little brother, Keith.
Oh, he is very dear to me.  Now the little four member family had expanded to five.  A few months passed, and I turned 8.  A few weeks later I was baptized into the Church of Latter-Day Saints of Jesus Christ (LDS Church).  Another year passed, and in February, I finally got a sister!  Lily came into the family and I love her to death.  She's also the last one. After a surgery a few years later due to a tumor the size of a grapefruit, my mom was no longer able to have children.  At this point, the family had moved to a small town, Grandview, Texas.  It's right between Waco and Forth Worth.  I had made one small move before I came to Texas, back to a grandparents home in Orem.  There was a split in my family.  Things got difficult for a bit.  I attended Suncrest Elementary for half of my fourth grade year and the first few months of my fifth grade year.  The family got back together and that's when we went to Texas. I was now attending Grandview Intermediate (A school for the grades between 3-5).  This is where life became really challenging, but that's for a different post.  Long story short, the family ended up going through a divorce.  Me, my siblings, and my mom, moved back to Orem and lived with my maternal grandparents.  It was now 2007 and I was barely starting 7th grade.  I started going to CanyonView Junior High.  Here is where I've made some life-long friends.  (Most of them are guys, but that doesn't matter!) I had gone through a lot of things in the previous years.  I was very lost, and my friends helped keep me here.  Many things happened in Junior High.  I got my first kiss, first "boyfriend," caused all sorts of drama, and learned a passion for music.  So here it is, two weeks before the end of 8th grade, and more things happened, causing me to move.. again!  But this was the worst move of them all.  There was nowhere to go!  It was me and my siblings with my mom living with all of our belongings in our van.  Nowhere to go, and no money.  My mom was dating again, and met the most wonderful man ever.  I'm glad I can now call him my father.  We visited his place often, and when we weren't at his place, we were riding our bikes/skateboards in the back of the Sams Club parking-lot in Provo. After a few weeks, and with some help, my family was able to move to a small condo in Provo.  I started attending Provo High School later that fall.  My mom got married, and I got two step-siblings to add to the family. Many things happened, and a few years passed. I stopped attending classes in my 10th grade year for many reasons.  I was being bullied, the classes were too easy, and I was depressed.  I got my GED (General Education Diploma) later that fall, and started attending UVU in Orem.  I was 16, and shortly Turned 17 after the semester started.  I was studying Psychology.  Because of my childhood, it fascinated me.  After taking the class, I lost interest in the field.  I took a break from UVU, and worked for the summer. It was an amazing job! I was at Scofield Scout camp in the kitchen. I got back, started working at Wendy's, and instead of returning to UVU, I went to UCMT in Lindon, Utah, for Massage Therapy.  I graduated in March 2013, with a sudden new passion for Massage Therapy.  My last day was on my Birthday. I moved out of the parents home a few weeks later, back to Orem.  I wasn't attending school at the time, nor was I working in massage.  But I was working for a living, while settling in.  A few months later, in late August, I had a few very traumatic things happen and it caused me to move last notice.

And here I am now.  It's Mid-September of 2013, living back in Provo.  I'm debating going back to UVU to study Biology in the Spring.  But in the meantime, I'm going to continue working, dating, exploring, and finding out who I am.
I'm starting this blog for many reasons.  I have posts I want to make that I hope will be inspiring to some, and some of them may be just for my own reference for when I'm down.  I'm finding that doing things like blogging can be therapeutic.  I hope this will inspire me to do more.  Someone always starts somewhere, and I may as well start right here, right now.  Thank you for reading! It means a lot to me.  I have more posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment